End Of Summer

End Of Summer

Friday, November 7, 2014

Fluffy icing, cake pops, s'mores, and cake!


Today I decided I wanted some cake and fluffy boiled frosting.  No, I take that back, I didn’t want it.  It was a need.  I am not joking folks, this frosting is so addicting it could be classified under the addictive drugs section.  It is so gooey and yet somehow fluffy at the same time.  It melts away in your mouth leaving a sweet, smooth, marshmallow taste lingering behind.  I am not going to lie, I have made a batch before just to eat without the cake.  Just dug a spoon right into the bowl and ate it like ice cream. 

 

So I whipped up a quick vanilla cake batter.  Look it’s smiling at me! 

 

 

Popped it in my cake pop maker machine.  (Yes that is really what it’s called)  Success!  Perfect little cake balls.  My three year old daughter couldn’t resist these little orbs and came by and snatched one.  I kept trying to explain that it is even better once frosted and to just wait.

 

So I thought I better get on it and start frosting them.  Luckily I had already whipped up the frosting.  Latterly, beat it to death.  It should be noted that to properly beat eggs one must bust out with Michael Jacksons “Just Beat It” though out the whole beating process.  Thanks to YouTube I was able to hit play and do a dance routine as well.  All while mixing the frosting.  That is really the secret in all my recipes. 

 
 


All frosted, even added some sprinkles too! 

 

The last step is the most important step.  The cake pops must be tested for quality.  We can’t be selling a tasteless product.   

 


This is Jude, she works in quality control.  I pay her way to much for this job, and I am not going to lie she is a very messy worker.  Looks to me like she approves this batch!    

 

Anyways the whole point of this, and yes there is a point here, is that inspiration struck during this process. I kept thinking I need a new flavor combination.  The old combos are boring and leave me wanting.  Today I was craving chocolate and marshmallows and something… 

Then it hit me like a semi.  S’mores.  S’mores and cake combined.  S’mores cake!  OMG!    

A super moist milk chocolate cake, with a layer of sweet fluff frosting, layered with crumbled gram crackers, topped with another layer of milk chocolate cake and smothered top to bottom in fluff frosting.  Add a sprinkle of crushed gram and hold on to your belts folks!  To die for!



 November is a new month, also my birthday month, and it deserves its own special flavor.  So for the entire month of November you can get an 8” round S’mores cake for $12.00.  This is the perfect desert for any get together.  Even if you are not getting “together” it is still the perfect cake.  I baked one up and ate it in front of my faux fireplace.  Just like camping, sort of!  So make sure to grab one this month and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I loved this entire post so much that I made my 11-year-old (sitting next to me as we watch CHOPPED) read this. Mostly, he wanted to take a gander at Jude and laugh and laugh.

    My kid here has never had a cake pop. He's been skeptical. But when he saw "s'mores" at the end here, you got his attention.

    Oh, and our entire household loves the two eggs and the stick of butter for making your batter smile.

    As far as tips go, it's all editing, not content. For example, you use "Latterly" instead of "Literally." Is this where we have a firm talking-to with autocorrect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. Not only did I want to keep reading but it made me lick my lips and now I am starving. Looks so good. Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Talk about an easy business to promote. I mean all you have to do is post a couple pictures of some delicious treats, and your audience is hooked. :) However, I like how you did more than just the obvious way of promoting a cake-making business. I mean you added yourself into this post. Your audience was, or at least I was, totally able to relate to this post. It left the professional feeling of a company, and it went to someone dancing in their kitchen well making cake-pops. :) I loved it! Well that and the picture of your messy co-worker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great post, I'm craving food big time. Your use of pictures to correlate with your words kept me reading until the end, and hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say they look delicious and I would love to be the sample girl! The pictures in the post are what kept me reading, I wanted to see what it was going to turn like.

    ReplyDelete